Saturday, July 7, 2012

Party On with Outlawz

Today I am sharing cards for the Outlawz 2,000 member party!

First up, the Twisted Thursday challenge which is to create a card that represents where you are from.  I went with red white and blue for the USA and a retired digi from Little Paper Shop - Ice Cream Tyson.  It is summer here and my kids are always listening for the ice cream truck - not sure they would really share with our dog though!
I went with red, white, and blue.  The hat and shorts are paper pieced with BG pp.
This card is also for:
The Clear Dollar Stamps Clearly Inspired Challenge #55 - Some Like it Hot.  On a hot summer day (which today is!) ice cream is the way to go!
Raise the Bar challenge #108 - Red, White and Blue - just a touch of red on mine on the dog collar.

Next, the Sketch Challenge...I decided to use Connecticut's state animal, the sperm whale - think Moby Dick.  I used stickers - yikes!  I never use stickers, but I could not find the digi I had in mind and I was rearranging my craft area this morning and found this whale sticker.  I layered the stickers and popped one up with dimensionals.  Quick tip - To get rid of the stickiness, dust the back of the sticker with corn starch.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!  I went blueberry picking this morning and hope to make jam tonight.
Smiles,
Julie
Details:  CS - PTI, copics, Embossing folder - Cuttlebug, Button - PTI, banner made with Lil' Inker Designs flag die, sentiments from Lil' Inker Designs.

8 comments:

  1. These are BOTH completely ADORABLE!!! I love the scene you created in the first card....such a sweet moment! I want to hug that adorable whale on the second one! Too cute!!!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...love the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...love the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and clean cards. Love your layout and colors :)

    international gift baskets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used so much white. It really makes those colors POP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable, Julie! I especially love the first one with frame, sun and clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ice cream truck always shows up when I have no money and the kids get so mad. LOL I had money last time and my oldest couldn't get out of the pool fast enough. LOL

    Both cards are uber adorable. I wouldn't share my ice cream with my dog... :)

    ReplyDelete