Saturday, February 13, 2010

Party On

Today's PTI challenge is to create embellies for a friend and a matching card! I am going with the pom pom flowers that have been so popular of late. I have seen these type on quite a few different blogs and the challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to try them out. I punched out 9 scallop circles, centered each with a button, and then crumpled away. By using double sided PP it creates a fun colorful flower. Now onto the card. You can't go to a party without a dress :>) I used Jennie's latest sketch from StampTV and embossed away! Prima flowers create the ruffle at the bottom of the dress. I added a few dimensionals in the center of the dress then glued down each side to create an arc shape on the paper pieced dress.
Do you need a laugh? I stuck the flowers on the acetate as I made them. When I went to take the aqua flower off to put on my card it would not budge!! I had to rip it off...I guess glue dots that have "permanent" on the box are really permanent regardless of what they are stuck to - see, you learn something new everyday!
Smiles,
Julie
Details: Stamp Set - GKD Retro Boutique, CS - PTI, PP - SU, Ink - SU Rose Red.

8 comments:

  1. These pouffy flowers are so cute! I love the look of them with the double sided patterned paper. Also that dress is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute flowers. I love you card also. The dress is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the flower with that FAB dress! GREAT embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! I've been wanting to try these too...you may have just pushed me over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that card! Awesome job; great details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are totally adorable Julie. Love those flowers and that teal one looks so pretty on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    Psst ~ I've got a giveaway on my blog...a new release ippity set!

    ReplyDelete