Thursday, February 25, 2010

Inspired by Buttons

I know, I know, when am I not inspired by buttons?!?!

Courtney Baker made a card with tons of buttons and the rays from her latest stamp release, You're Dandy (check it out here). All those circles inspired me to create this card using the latest EBTKS sketch challenge. Yes, surprisingly there are no buttons on my version, but the idea of all those circles had me pulling out my 1/4" punch.


It is so clean and simple yet full of color. I wish I had thought of this the last time there was a tough color challenge because this is an easy way to get in 5 colors!
I am also submitting this card into MFW's Olympic challenge, for the "Hello/Thinking of You" category.  Cath always has fun challenges and this is no exception.  I've got lots of circles here, so here is hoping they turn into an Olympic medal!

Smiles,
Julie
Details: Stamp Set - Practicing Creativity Key to My Heart, CS SU and PTI, & Ink SU Blue Bayou.

12 comments:

  1. Very cool card! I like this a lot! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool take on the sketch! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bright and happy card! I love it! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! What a fun idea! Although I'm not sure I could've gotten that many circles glued down straight!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all those circles made into squares!! Perfect! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl this is fantastic and not to mention it totally makes my day that you were able to get inspiration from one of my cards! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty love the colors on white background

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Julie this is way fabulous! What a cool idea and so simple (but thoughtful). Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. Sorry I didn't find the time to play with the last Sketch Girl challenge. I'll do my best to try this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete