Friday, February 12, 2010

100% Cute

The sketch this week at Card Patterns is a good one - #50! The design team made adorable cards, using digi stamps from this week's sponsor Inktegrity, so last night I decided to check out the digi stamps for myself. I saw this train and immediately thought of hearts for the smoke - I am going for the cute factor on this card! Plus, my sons love trains!I kept it really simple, but added a ton of dimensionals and buttons. I stamped hearts on the card base and hand drew the stitching lines on the circle, hearts, and "track". Besides hearts, this train would be great with ABC's or a child's name for the smoke!A big thanks to my friend Lisa for the idea of using embroidery floss to connect the wheels! I was talking about what I was going to do with the train and when I mentioned using buttons she said "and connect them with thread, right?".
I also have to mention that Inktegrity sent the digi stamp via e-mail super fast and the owner is a sweetheart!! Thank you again!
I don't know what I am going to do once Valentine's Day is over, I have been loving all the hearts lately. I guess it is on to Easter eggs or better yet, little chicks!
Smiles,
Julie
Details: Stamp - Inktegrity Digi Stamp On the Right Track and Practicing Creativity - Key to My Heart (the hearts on the card base), CS - SU Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red, Pink, Chocolate Chip, PP - SU Candy Lane, Black marker, embroidery floss, and PTI buttons.

11 comments:

  1. Wow - that is soooooooooo cute. I love how you used the hearts for the smoke.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! It's realy cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! :) Love the hearts, the button wheels, and my kind of stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, this is adorable! What a unique take on the sketch! You're so creative! Love the heart "smoke"!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is absolutely adorable! I love the heart smoke and the flossed wheels. Amazing job woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your super six win at Card Patterns! Your card is just stunning and packed full of creativity and details. It looks straight off the pages of Card Magazine. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Your card is absolutely 100% CUTE! Bet your son loved it!! Got a question for ya: How did you get your Card Patterns blinkie to work? The one they sent me for Sketch 49 was just a pic and had no code so I can't use it. ;( Can you give me some pointers please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is awesome! came here via Cardpatterns congrats on your super 6 pick. You so deserve it! I love this train! too cute

    ReplyDelete