Thursday, October 8, 2009

Christmas Ornaments Part II

First off, thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you left on my WCMD Challenge cards. You all make me smile! The Japanese inspired card seemed to get the most votes and I had so much fun making it, that I had to do it again. This time I am adding layers and PP and I am also using this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch challenge (which GKD is sponsoring!)...
I just love the effect of the 3-D ornaments and it is so easy to do! Here is the link to Lauren's video tutorial - link. She uses tape to hold the circles together, but I used glue and it seems to be working fine. I put the ornaments together on the way to work yesterday (it was not my turn to drive) and only managed to get a little glue on the car {sorry}! This time I went with four circles to fill it in more. I fussy cut the tree branches and then wrapped embroidery floss around the branches to make real loops. I did use tape to hold the floss down and then I added a little more glue to attach the ornament.I have another 3-D idea, so I have to warn you that you are going to see this technique again in the next couple days :>) I also decided that I am going to make a bunch of these ornament cards to give to people that I can hand deliver. I would love to do it for everyone, but I have a feeling these are not going to fit well in an envelope LOL!
Did you notice I have a new badge on my sidebar? It is from Creative Clear Stamps. Last week, I saw that CCS was having a blog hop thanks to Jennie Harper's blog (she is on the DT). I played along and won a free stamp set. I decided to go with "Holiday Sentiments" because I can never have too many...the sentiment on today's card is from that set (I can not believe that I received it already in the mail!). CCS also has a texture challenge this week so be sure to check it out - I hope to play along with my new stamp set!
Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Julie

Details: SU Old Olive and PTI Sweet Blush CS, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses PP, SU Simply Seasonal and CCS Holiday Sentiments Stamps, Stash ribbon and some sewing, and I almost forgot...embroidery floss!

3 comments: