Monday, June 1, 2009

Title Earned

Yesterday was the last day of SOA and I earned the title of my blog, by submitting my last project at 11:58 p.m. - yikes, ok, so it was not the last minute, but pretty close to the 11:59 deadline!!

So here are a few more cards I created for the SOA challenges:

Details:
Stamp - Sweet 'n Sassy digi Forget Me Not
Paper - SU Pink piroutte; Old Olive, DP is from Sandylion
Misc - Distressed Paper edges and stitched it all by machine



Details:Stamp - Image SU Both Way Blossoms (one of my fave "go to" stamps, sentiment SU Delight in Life
Paper - SU DSP Delicate Dots, SU CS Bashful Blue, So Saffron and GreenMisc - I used the SU circle scallop punch to form the border around the circle - just punched it out a bunch of times and arranged those around the circle - I get so much use out of the scallop punch. Sheepishly, it is not even mine, I have been borrowing it from my sister for about 9 months LOL!

Laugh for the Day: Yesterday was crazy, I was trying to finish projects and get ready for a party we were going to in the afternoon. I started off the day baking a dessert for the party, it was "Baking with Julie" because my sons were so cute sitting in their chairs watching as I explained every step. Anyway, it was my first time making the dessert and I got to make it twice...after the first one was finished, one of my sons pulled it off the counter and it landed top down on the floor, completely unsalvagable!! I debated about running to the grocery store, but I was determined to make the dessert. It was worth it, I highly recommend "Brownie Goody Bars", brownies with frosting, chocolate, rice crispies and peanuts - yummy :>)
Oh yeah, by the way, I won one of the daily contests from Saturday {yah!} - Stamp with Dawn and Friends, which is an online forum with challenges, etc. that lasts 24 days. I will be very busy in July!!

Smiles, Julie





No comments:

Post a Comment