Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh Boy, Oh boy!

Here are my favorite creations from SOA week and both are for the boys.


It all started with a card. The card challenge layout contained lots of circles and I began by putting a bug on each circle. I then started thinking about a magnifying glass and this is the result:




If you have bugs, you need a container to put them in, and the magnifying glass would fit in perfectly with the SOA challenge to use a clear element with one of Lauren’s templates from Papertrey Ink. Here is my bug collector kit, made from the "Let's Do Lunch" template:



Details for both projects:
Stamp - SU Bug Builder
Paper - Cardstock SU Very Vanilla and Old Olive, DP K&Company Hopscotch
Ink - Stayzon Black
Font - CK Buddies
Hardware - tool box kit(no manufacturer listed, hmmm) and a little bit of ribbon for the handle.
The bugs are paperpieced and popped up with dimensionals on the card. The poem was printed out in MS Word.


I had so much fun making these, I envision putting a real magnifying glass and other buggy stuff inside as a gift idea.


Tips: For the Bug Collection mat, I cut out the center of the Old Olive CS base so that it would be more flexible and adhere to the curve of the lid. The Vanilla is not as stiff as the Olive so it bended without resistance and hid the hole in the Olive {sorry for the pun :>)}. General Tips: Be sure to print the template in draft or a lighter color than black so that the pattern lines do not show as much. If printing on patterned paper print it on the reverse side so the template lines do not show {yes, I have done it wrong in the past :>) }.


Lauren’s templates are easy to use and go together very fast. All you have to do is print the pattern onto cardstock and cut it out. No measuring, which I love! Head over to Papertrey Ink to see all the templates available. I made a few projects using another of her templates, but will not be able to share just yet (I like B-day presents to be a surprise :>)! )


Smiles,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Love 'em!! You are just too creative...you need to get more sleep!! :)

    ReplyDelete