Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry Book

I was recently asked to review a rubber band jewelry how-to book.  I jumped at the chance because I have a 9 year old daughter who enjoys making bracelets with the Rainbow Loom. 

 

In the words of the publisher:  Totally Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry, offers a complete how-to guide for using the popular new looms. Available just in time for holiday gift giving, it features unique designs and essential instructions for making the trendy accessories.

Click below to check out a few pages from the book.


My daughter and I found the book to be easy to follow with color photos showing step by step how to make each item.  There are also great tips throughout the book that my daughter wants to try.  Up until now, we have been relying on videos to learn how to make bracelets.  The videos are sometimes hard to understand and involve a lot of pausing (on my part).  In the end, I usually have to watch the video and then teach my daughter.  The steps in the book are clear enough that my daughter can follow them on her own!

Here is a zipper bracelet made following the steps in the book...

Today's post is a little different from paper crafting, but still "crafting" and FUN!  I started crafting at an early age and have never stopped! 

Smiles,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment