Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall Fun

Little Paper Shop has a new free digi stamp that is cute, cute, cute so I had to use it right away! The layout is based on LPS's sketch challenge this week, which can be found here. I used my watercolor pencils to color in the hedgehogs, then I distressed the edges (with a kitchen knife...shhh don't tell my husband since he is the one who does most of the cooking!). The leaf embellies were made by stamping a leaf in brown, sponging with ink and after cutting each out I crumpled them up.
Details: Digi Stamp LPS Hedgehogs (go to the forum to find the stamp under freebies) and PTI sentiment Handwritten Notes, SU watercolor, chocolate chip and more mustard paper, K&Co. DP, SU chocolate chip, really rust and more mustard ink, a bunch of stitching, plus there are a few buttons too :>)
Laugh for the day: I asked my MIL to look for buttons and other vintage items if she went to any tag sales...she came to visit this weekend and brought me a ton of buttons! As we were looking thru the buttons, we found a few non-button items; rhinestones, bells, and (huge pause) human teeth. Ewwwww!!! She had to take them out of the container for me, I had a wee bit trouble touching them, even with a napkin protecting my hand. I think I will have to wash all these buttons :>)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Huge Smiles,
Julie

7 comments:

  1. OMG...how fun! Love how you used this digi (I am so behind on using this one!)...the paper is a brilliant mix with the theme...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I just love your card! This is super cute...I haven't even used this little guy! your card is FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just too cute!! I'm going to have to go check it out!

    PS - you don't need to share those buttons with me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cards are such an inspiration to me....this is so well done and soooooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love what you have done with this!! Great job with the digi and the layout, love your fall look! Thanks for gettin' sketchy with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love those cute little porcupines. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete