Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Challenge

The March Whimsie Doodles Challenge is going on right now! The theme for this month's challenge is Spring Fling! Create a project that is inspired by the upcoming Spring season. You could use traditional Spring colors, a Spring holiday, find a Spring picture and use elements from it, etc...

There will be 2 winners for the challenge! One (1) lucky winner will be drawn at random to win a FREE Whimsie Doodles image, of their choice, from the latest release. And the second winner will join the Whimsie Doodle team as a Guest Artist in May 2012!!


I decided to go with "a Spring holiday" and create place cards for Easter breakfast using the Whimsie Doodles Jelly Belly circle sentiment/image.



I have Tammy to thank for this idea.  I saw sour cream containers on her blog and thought they were so cute that I had to make some for myself.  Plus how perfect is that shape as a carrot of sorts?!  I used the tutorial on SCS.

Check out all the details on the Whimsie Doodles blog and link up your own Spring inspired project!

Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Image - Whimsie Doodles Jelly Belly, Names stamped using Lawn Fawn Harold's ABCs, CS - Bazzill Basics, Ribbon - Michael's, copics, tag - MTME Simple Tags Round cut file and jelly beans - Munson Chocolates!!!

Here is a pic with my photo assistant :>)  He couldn't resist taking a sniff of the yummy jelly beans inside!

8 comments:

  1. sooooo cute and YES, those sour cream containers are perfect...and why are they called that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! These are adorable! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea love them hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These came out soo soo soos soo cute!!!! Oh my goodness I love them~

    Tell Amy to go to Wendy's you can still get Sour Cream in Containers like this if you order a baked potato....ha!

    Love love love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what Great Carrots! LOVE them!! I made these pockets for my Crackers this last Christmas well cracker alternatives! but LOVE your carrots! awesome, hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute!! Awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete