Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Crew and Cake

Have you been following the Your Next Stamp blog this week?  The YNS 7th Birthday Celebration has been continuing with a design team series sharing birthday creations.   Be sure to check it out and comment on the posts because one lucky commenter will win a stamp set of their choice.

My celebration creation combines birthday cake and the farm animals from the Funny Farm Crew stamp set.



My sister asked me to make a cake for her boss who was turning 50.   She requested a pretty cake with a touch of fun.   The Funny Farm Crew and Funny Farm sentiments to the rescue.

YNS Ingredients:  Funny Farm Crew stamp set | Funny Farm sentiments stamp set
The farm animals were stamped, colored and fussy cut out, then a toothpick was added to each.   The signs were created by stamping directly on the wood grain paper and then adding each to a Popsicle stick.

There is a story behind the cake too.  I made this cake on a day that was humid.   By the time my sister got the cake back to her house, the rosettes were sliding off the sides.   I told her to take a knife and smooth out the sides. It is much easier to transport cards!

Smiles,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. This cake looks delicious! And so fun too!! What a great idea to use the Funny Farm critters to decorate. I'm sorry the rosettes were falling off, but glad that your sister could remedy things! I'm sure the cake was a hit!!

    ReplyDelete