Thursday, August 6, 2009

In Style?

My latest card is for the Stamp TV color challenge for this week and uses the Whimsy Stamps sketch challenge from last week. Whimsy's challenge this week is friendships, so I will be sending this card off to a friend :> There is still time to play along with each of this week's challenges, so be sure to click on the links!.The color challenge is Peach and Ivory (pink is optional)...I have to admit that I am not a big fan of peach :>) It is so nineties to me - I think my bedroom was peach at some point while growing up and I got sick of looking at the color. To meet the challenge I needed to pull out SU Guava - close enough to peach I hope!
The other thing I pulled out was fabric. The print is fabric! I took Heat 'n Bond Lite (a double sided interfacing) and ironed it to the wrong side of the fabric. I then peeled off the paper backing and glued the fabric down before sewing it. I guess I could have tried ironing the fabric to the paper...not sure if it would work. My fabric stash is huge, so I am going to be incorporating more fabric into future paper projects!
Details: CS SU, stamp and sentiment are "Retro Boutique" by Rupa Shevde available thru Gina K. Designs. This is the stamp set that I won thru Stamp TV :>)!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles, Julie

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to use fabric on a card! This is great! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love that used the sketch and the theme. Pretty papers and love the image. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy. :)

    ReplyDelete