Thursday, May 28, 2009

Inspired by Paper Piercing

SOA continues on and so do my projects for it! If you have not already joined be sure to do so by May 31st.

This card is for another SOA challenge. Originally this card was supposed to be for the Pink and Brown card challenge, but I realized I was supposed to use 2 embellies and the card only has 1!! Fortunately there are 3 buttons, so it meets the requirements for the SOA Button Challenge (lucky this time around, LOL!).



Details:
Paper - SU pink pirouette, chocolate chip, and DSP Candy Lane . Ink - SU chocolate chip. Buttons – from stash :>)


Inspiration comes from all the paper piecing and paper piercing that everyone is doing. One of my favorite blogs is Can You Say Addicted to Stamps? by Jessie. She does paper piercing (plus swirls & ribbons) on almost all her cards and the results are always fabulous. I decided to try paper piercing myself for this card and would have added swirls and ribbons if I had any (I will need to get some!). Overall though, I am loving the dimension on this card. I will need to add dimensionals to my shopping list because I used a ton for all the layers on the bunny.

My second card is for the 1 Color Challenge, which I did find challenging, because we also had to use 2 embellies and finding 2 different types the same color was not easy.

Details:
SU Barely Banana Cardstock and ink, CB Embossing folder, Offray ribbon and stash button.


Laugh of the day:
My 22 month old son thinks it is fun to spit his drink onto the table and then slurp it up. Yesterday he discovered that his sneakers can also be cups…he spit his milk into his sneaker and then drank from it!! Fortunately, the sneakers are machine washable :>)

Smiles, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment