Saturday, June 27, 2009

Flip Flopping Along

I am so excited with how my Sister-in-law's B-day present turned out. I found a cute bathing suit cover up in black and white that looks more like a dress than coverup. It inspired me to create a black and white card and a matching jewelry box. Of course when I think of a bathing suit, I think of flip flops and yes, there is a pair included in her gift, so a flip flop card is perfect :>). I just love how it turned out - it looks so real!
This card is for the There She Goes June challenge to make a card not the usual size! I just came across Jessica's blog because I read Jessie's blog - Addicted to Stamps. {Love her blog :>)}
I traced one of my own flip flops (yes, that I wear, but it was clean, promise!) onto paper and then reduced it on my scanner to get a size that was 8 1/2 " wide. The white and black pattern was created with a stamp from SU Best Blossoms. I wanted something simple and leaning toward elegant to match the feel of the coverup.

My SIL is also receiving matching jewelry, so of course I needed something to put it in. I went right to the "Ready, Set, Wrap" template from Lauren Meader, available thru Papertrey Ink.
This template is the perfect size for jewelry and would also be great for shower favors - it was really easy to put together. I added the chip board and chain to dress it up a little.
Details: SU Whisper White and Basic Black CS, SU Best Blossoms Stamp Set, white sticker dimensional dots.
Well I hope my SIL likes her gift. At the very least it all matches :>)!

Thanks for looking!
Smiles, Julie

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! :) Looks like you could wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the flip flop card is just adorable! One question - can it be put in an envelope?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marti,
    The flip flop is 3 dimensional, but I suppose you could flatten the toe piece to mail it :>) Another idea would be to use ribbon. Fortunately, I did not have to worry about mailing it, I stuck it right in the gift bag!

    ReplyDelete