Sunday, February 27, 2011

Something Sweet

I realized yesterday that the 28th is quickly approaching and I did not yet do February's SFYTT.  Nothing like Cosmo Cricket to get the crafting started.  CC and paper piecing to the rescue.

I really wanted some extra texture on the cupcake, so I used my crimper on a strip of PP and then stamped the liner.  By stamping after crimping the liner stayed the same size as the rest of the cupcake.


Besides February's SFYTT, this one is also for MFW's paper piecing challenge.   Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques and has always been my go to when working with images that need to be "colored".  I only started coloring with Copics in September, so I have even paper pieced body parts using skin tone paper :>)  If only it was so easy for us to get a perfect tan for ourselves that way!
It felt so great to get crafty.  My paper cutter and ATG have been getting a lot of use the past few weeks, but not on cards.  My DD's Girl Scout troop was getting ready to celebrate World Thinking Day and all my free time has gone to preparing for that.
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend.
Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Stamps - Signature Greetings and Baby Button Bits (PTI), PP - Togetherness (Cosmo Cricket), CS - Cream (PTI), Buttons - PTI, Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU), Die - Notebook Edge (MFT), crimper, and dimensionals.

11 comments:

  1. Love the crimped cupcake wrapper--genius! I've been in Girl Scout mode too! I made a cookie booth poster for my youngest's Daisy troop and my legs were sore from all the squatting. LOL I worked cookie booths Fri and Sat for my older daughter's Junior troop and we sold all the cookies we had on us. I'll be back out on cookie duty next weekend too. We're doing World Thinking Day and it's coming up next weekend. It's challenging having 2 girls in scouts and have to juggle stuff for 2 different troops. It gets hectic at cookie time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie this is DARLING! I LOVE that crimping idea.. Hmm gotta find and dust off the crimper I think! :)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny, I used my crimper for almost the same thing today, but I wish I had some yummy cc paper to use instead of what I did. Your card is so sweet and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. And yummy! Love the layers and textures...hmmm...should I get a crimper? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cosmo'licious cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - the cupcake liner that is! I glad you pulled out your crimper...makes me remember that I have one - LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just too cute!!! I love the paper pieced cupcake, and the texture you added! That looks terrific, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Julie! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cherry is tempting. Very well made card. I like the idea of using the crimper for the cupcake case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!! The crimping idea is absolutely perfect! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete