Monday, September 15, 2014

Unique Blog Hop

Hi Everyone! 
Today I am participating in the Unique Blog Hop! It's a fun way for bloggers to get to know each other, for our readers to get to know us a little better, and maybe even introduce you to some new blogs!
   
I was tagged by my friend Laura Nehring from “The Crafty Sister”.  Thank you for tagging me!!!  We have served together on several design teams over the past few years.  Her coloring skills are drool worthy, and her card style is sure to make you smile so be sure to pop on over and say hi!
    
So, now it is my turn to answer a few questions, and then tag a blogger that I admire. 
           
1. What is my style, and how does my work differ from others?
   
I describe my style as clean and cute!  Minimal layers, lots of open space, and almost always a “cute” colored image.  I love to fussy cut and frequently fussy cut while on the go...in the car when I am a passenger, in a waiting room, whenever I have a few minutes of down time.

Stamp -YNS  Jungle Critter Crew

    
2.  What am I working on?
    
I am contemplating making Christmas cards for my mom ;>)  Otherwise I have a few images colored up and ready to find a home on a card.
     
3. How does my creative process work?
     
Truth be told it takes me forever to finish a card!  I start off with my handy dandy little notebook that I always have on me.  Whenever I have few free minutes or a craft idea pops in to my head I jot it down. 
When I am given new release stamps I typically have a page for each set and sketch out a layout for each.  Once I have a layout I grab some paper and then color images to match.  For the most part I go through the process one card at a time, but really need to change that because I think it goes a lot faster when I have multiple images ready to go and then do the cutting and assembling all at one time.  
I recently did all 49 challenges for the Splitcoast Stamper's DTGD challenges - 49 unique projects.  For this one I had a page in my notebook for each challenge, drew a sketch, then picked out papers that I stuck in the page and once I colored the image I put that in there too.  I then started assembling the cards as soon as I had the majority finished.  Phew - it was a marathon, but the notebook kept me organized and was filled up quick...I just bought a new one that has a little pocket in the front which is perfect to stick all the fussy cut images.



    
4. Why do I create?
    
I create because it makes me happy!
I have been crafting for as long as I can remember.  Painting, quilting, and now stamping.  I have a need to craft and I love the creative process.  I work with numbers all day, so stamping is a break.  Card making is relatively quick and I can finish something within minutes as opposed to the months it takes to quilt. 
    
Scene cards make me happy!

Stamps - YNS The Funny Farm Crew and
YNS Funny Farm Animal Sentiments
Die - YNS Puffy Cloud Dies

    
I am tagging a super sweet crafter who has this amazing ability to combine a bazillion stamps on one card and create scenes that will make your jaw drop!  None other than Wendy McGaffey of "Wake Up With Wendy".  Wendy and I have worked together on several design teams and first got to know one another through the Your Next Stamp DT.
  
Wendy will be continuing the Unique Blog Hop on her own blog next Monday, September 22nd... but you should definitely go check out her blog right now!

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Julie

2 comments: