Saturday, July 10, 2010

Purple Topiary

I combined this week's CPS sketch #174 with LPS's color challenge (LPSC75) Orchid, Razzleberry and Old Olive and came up with this.
All that Razzleberry is so yummy!  I recently saw a card by Angie Hagist in the Summer 2010 Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine that had strips of paper layered to look like siding on a house.  It inspired me to cut strips and layer them on the same color card base.  I left some of the card base showing thru between each strip, plus I added some embossing - lovin' the result!  (Warning:  that means you will be seeing strips again in the future.)

Smiles,
Julie
Details:  Stamp - I Heart & Lily and Lucy Messages (LPS), CS - SU, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder and Ink - SU.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, the embossed tone on tone adds so much to the card. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I miss you! I love this card and all that razzleberry is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it. And I sooo do like the funky shape if the image/sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the embossed strip background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love the embossed background with the color on color, and that funky shape is too fun!

    ReplyDelete