Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hoots Afraid of Halloween?

Nope, these owls are not afraid of Halloween...sorry, I could not resist :>)My family of owls were created using a FREE single owl digi stamp from Little Paper Shop (join the forum and there is a freebies section). I printed out the owl 3 times, resizing each time a little smaller (100%,90% and 80%). That is one of the things I love about digis - you can make them any size you want! Another great thing about digis is the ability to flip the images. I find it hard to stamp/print on black and see the image that you are cutting out, so for the bellies on these little guys I flipped the digi in MSPaint and printed it out on the reverse side of my printed paper - this also allowed me to hide the digi hearts that are on the belly.
My sewing machine remains in sight, so I immediately used it to put the finishing touches on this card. I decided to go with a different type of stitch around the outside. My machine has a bunch to choose from and this is the first time I used it for more than a straight or standard zig zag. I was aiming for a little bit creepy!
The card is based on LPS's sketch challenge this week. You know me and sketches...love 'em!
Yes, I flipped it a bit and left off the sentiment...I thought it might make the card too busy since there is so much patterned paper. :>} You have until Sunday at 8 pm CST to play along!
Details: LPS Owl digi, the branch is from an old old old SU set, Basic Grey PP Eerie, SU Perfect Plum, Black and Pumpkin Pie CS, SU Really Rust ink on the "moon", and lots of stitching.
Smiles,
Julie

10 comments:

  1. OMG...how brill are you?! Totally stealing this idea...love the piecing, the colors, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic Julie! Gorgeous use of the digi and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! All I can say is wow...you are a genius with the digi's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Julie! Love the dp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love how you used the owls, and your dp's are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Julie you did an excellent job on this! Love all the great papers, Owl trio and the stitching detail. I am in awe of your digi talents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I love the pairing of all the papers! Super fun...er, I mean, creepy stitching! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stitching...so creep cool! :) Love the owls too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love the owls and the stitching and well everything about it!

    ReplyDelete