Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sweet and Simple Sewing

My latest gift set is for a neighbor who is retiring. It started with the SCS card sketch challenge from last week.

After finishing the card, I whipped up another Ready, Set, Wrap box from Papertrey Ink {it really goes together fast, honest :>)}. I wanted it to look like a summery purse, so I pulled out my sewing machine to add detail. Of course, there is some paper piecing in there too.
Details: Everything is SU!

I like the idea of making a card set using this layout and switching out the patterned paper :>).

Smiles,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in and visiting my blog today...I followed you back and have so enjoyed all your wonderful projects and creations. I esp love the black and white set you made for your SIL and the little cowboy with the jute you tied so cleverly around the card front! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete